Woot! Today's FREE Friday Nook Book is for "A Short History of the World" by Christopher Lascelles. Head over to Barnes & Noble to download your FREE copy.
A Short History of the World is a short and easy-to-read history book that relates the history of our world from the Big Bang to the present day. It assumes no prior knowledge of past events and 32 maps have been especially drawn to give the reader a better understanding of where events occurred.
The author chooses what he sees as the most important empires and events and links them to make a flowing narrative as opposed to a dry series of facts. Going through history, we learn how and when empires and nation states developed, how the major religions affected world history and the devastation they caused, how the Muslims and Chinese led development for many centuries, how the great explorers changed world history and how we finally came to understand the size of the planet on which we live.
- Nook FREE Friday (9/28/12): The Trivia Lover’s Guide to the World by Gary Fuller
- Nook Free Friday (9/14/12): A Texan’s Promise by Shelley Gray
- Nook Free Friday (8/31/12): Pets In A Pickle by Malcolm D. Welshman
- FREE Friday Nook Book (8/03/12): The Last Romanov by Dora Levy Mossanen
- Nook Free Fridays 07/20/12: The Lens and the Looker Book #1 of the Verona Series by Lory S. Kaufman