Sometimes regular mayo is just not good enough. And other times, your husband stocks you up on avocados and you need something to make with them before they go bad. This is a beyond simple recipe for Avocado Mayonnaise that takes maybe 5 minutes to whip together from start to finish. It's THAT simple. This is also 1 of 10 recipes you'll be seeing from me this month for the March Recipe Challenge. This month's theme is "green". There is a link at the bottom of the post to the other participating bloggers and their 10 "green" recipes too - so make sure you give them a look-see.
- 1 - Avocado (Medium to Large in size)
- 1 TBSP - Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp - Salt
- 1/4 Cup - Olive Oil
- Add additional spices to suit your personal preferences. I however opted to leave mine plain.
- Scoop out the meat from the avocado.
- Add to blender with salt, lemon juice, and your spices.
- Blend together.
- Slowly add olive oil while blending. I only have a little bullet so I had to keep stopping. If you can do this with the blender still running, that would work best.
- Blend to a creamy puree.