Squash is awesome. I especially love it in one of its purest forms, so I decided to cook up a Roasted Brown Sugar Butternut Squash for one of my oven recipes. Super easy because That's the way, Uh huh Uh huh, I like it!
- 1 - Large Butternut Squash
- 2 - TBSP Salted Butter
- 2 to 3 TBSP - Brown Sugar
- Sea Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice off stem end of squash, and then cut squash in half lengthwise. Remove all seeds and stringy flesh.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Put a TBSP of butter in each well.
- Sprinkle generously with brown sugar and sea salt.
- Bake face up for 30-45 minutes. Squash is done when fork is easily inserted into the flesh.
- Pour butter and juices into a bowl.
- Scrape squash flesh away from the skin into bowl, and then mash.
- Adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Serve hot.
- Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Garlic, Bacon, and Parm + HIC Choco.Nut.Cheese.Grater Review
- June: Fruit Challenge – Ricotta Pancake with Brown Sugar Cherry Sauce
- May: Meatless Challenge – Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Roasted Garlic Curried Shrimp
- May: Meatless Challenge – Grilled Salmon & Asparagus with Curried Butternut Squash Sauce
- April: Canning Challenge – Roasted Butternut Squash Soup Recipe + Ozeri Serafino Artisan Series Double Wall Glasses Review