For some reason, our Blogger Recipe Challenge this month has been a little hard on me. It shouldn't have been because we're all meat and potatoes type people. Guess I just haven't been cooking a lot this month. Well.... thank goodness for bacon! Amiright? Bacon is always versatile and goes with just about anything. I wanted to spiff up our typical breakfast and created these bacon egg cups with cheddar, feta, and green onion. Ooooh they were yummy!
- 1 Egg Per Cupcake Tray Well (Fill as many as you need for how many people you're serving.)
- 1 Bacon Slice Per Cupcake Tray Well plus smaller pieces for lining the bottom.
- Desired Cheese (I preferred the Feta while my husband likes Cheddar)
- Green Onion (Chopped)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Prepare the bacon by cooking partially over medium heat. Bacon should start to brown but still be very pliable. Remove from pan and allow to drain and cool.
- Once bacon has cooled, wrap a slice around the inside of each cupcake tray well. Rip off a smaller piece from another slice and place it on the bottom.
- Carefully crack eggs into the bacon cup you created.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle some chopped green onion on top.
- Add the cheese. (Note: Covering the yolk with cheese will make the yolk cook faster. If you like a runnier yolk, place the cheese around it.)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until egg whites have set.
- “Loaded” Deviled Eggs
- August: Frozen Month – Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Baby Bella Mushrooms
- June: Fruit Challenge – Baked Egg & Avocado with Bacon
- Pork, Smoked Gouda & Mushroom Meat Cupcake with Bacon Loaded Mashed Potato Frosting Recipe
- March: Green Challenge – Zucchini, Bacon & Blue Cheese Soup Recipe