Admittedly I'm not really a fan of pork chops. It's not bacon, and it's not steak. It's a meat that's a little confusing to me. But, my husband came home with a huge package of boneless pork chops and told me to figure out what to do with them. After a little deliberation I decided that I love gravy, and gravy goes with mashed potatoes and just about any meat... which means gravy would go well with the pork chops and the mashed potatoes I served as a side. This is also a super simple recipe that allows room for any personal tweaks you'd like to make regarding the ingredients.
- 4 to 6 - Boneless Pork Chops
- 1 Cup - All Purpose Flour
- 2 to 3 TBSP - Meat Tenderizer Seasoning (You can also use garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne to make your own seasoning mixture)
- 1/4 Cup - Olive Oil
- 1 Cup - Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup - Buttermilk (Use regular milk and add a teaspoon of lemon juice. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes before using.)
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1 Tsp - Parsley Flakes
- Combine flour and spices in a wide mouthed bowl, or deep square dish.
- Dredge pork chops through flour mixture making sure both sides and edges are well coated.
- Heat olive oil on medium high.
- Cook pork chops until golden brown on each side. Approximately 4 minutes per side.
- Remove pork chops and set aside.
- Add enough of the flour/spice mixture to soak up the leftover grease and oil. Stir continuously with a wooden spoon or whisk.
- Add chicken broth and continue to stir until fully incorporated.
- Remove from heat and add the butter milk. Stirr continuously until sauce thickens into a gravy.
- Replace meat, and spoon gravy over the pork chops. Heat over low until pork is rewarmed. If your pork chops were a little thick, you can also finish cooking them off in the gravy.
- June: Farmer’s Market Challenge – Giniling Guisado & Ginisang Kalabasa (Ground Pork w/ Butternut Squash)
- June: Farmer’s Market Challenge – Fried Pork Loin and Sauteed Veggie Fajita
- May: Meatless Challenge – Banana Nut Buttermilk Pancakes + King Arthur Flour Review
- Pork, Smoked Gouda & Mushroom Meat Cupcake with Bacon Loaded Mashed Potato Frosting Recipe
- March: Green Challenge – Crock Pot Guinness Pulled Pork