Bacon is ALWAYS my go-to meat and with this month's Blogger Recipe Challenge being meat-centric, it has proved to be a valuable ingredient. There's so much you can do with it, and it tastes great with everything. Typically I make this meal with summer squash and zucchini in addition to the mushrooms, but they weren't in my house. Oh well! It still tasted just as good. The best part? This meal is super simple and only requires a few additions to your favorite jar of spaghetti sauce.
1 Box (12oz) - Bow Tie Pasta (Cooked according to package instructions.)
1 Jar - Favorite pasta sauce (I prefer Classico's Marinara w/ Plum tomatoes & Olive Oil)
10oz - Baby Bella Mushrooms (Coarsely chopped)
1/2 lb - Preferred Bacon (You can use more if you like your sauce super bacon-y)
1/4-1/2 Cup - Heavy Cream
1/4 Cup - Parmesan Cheese (Plus more for topping)
Fry bacon until cooked but not crispy. Remove from pan and allow to drain on a paper towel.
Remove some of the bacon fat leaving enough to saute the mushrooms in until they start to release their juices and soften.
Add in the bacon, pasta sauce, and Parmesan cheese. Allow to simmer while covered 10 -15 minutes.
Add in cream, and allow sauce to continue simmering for another 2-5 minutes.
Serve over pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- August: Frozen Month – Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Baby Bella Mushrooms
- June: Fruit Challenge – Baked Egg & Avocado with Bacon
- July: Fruit Challenge – Vegetable Garlic Basil Butter Sauce with Angel Hair Pasta
- June: Farmer’s Market Challenge – Garlic Mushroom Sauce with Chicken & Pasta
- March: Green Challenge – Vegetable Rotini in Garlic Butter Sauce with Summer Squash