Avocado, soft eggs, and bacon. What is NOT to love about this Baked Egg & Avocado Recipe? This was an absolutely scrumptious addition to our normal breakfast routine and even my hubby loved it and he doesn't even like avocado that much. He suggested next time I use some cheddar cheese on it (I was thinking some feta next time around). We loved the creaminess of the cooked avocado with the yolk of the egg paired with the saltiness and crunch of the bacon. I'll definitely be making this again, and the best part... it's SO easy!
- 1 - Ripe Avocado (Halved and pitted)
- 2 - Eggs
- 2 - Slices of Bacon (Crumbled)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- *Optional: Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425ºF
- Fry up a couple slices of bacon until crispy. Remove from pan onto paper towel lined plate and allow to cool before crumbling.
- Slice in half your avocado, and remove the pit. Using a ripe avocado that isn't mush is the best way to go with this. You may need to remove a little extra avocado flesh in order to fit more egg.
- Place avocados into individual ramekins or a baking dish that will help them stay upright.
- Crack two eggs into a separate bowl. Add the yolk to each avocado first, and then spoon in the whites until the hole is filled.
- Salt and pepper the egg to taste.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes until the whites are cooked, and the center of your egg is as runny as you'd like. I started checking the eggs after 10 minutes and let it cook 17 minutes total.
- Remove from oven. Top with crumbled bacon (and/or cheese), and serve hot.
- July: Fruit Challenge – Shrimp & Avocado Ceviche
- June: Farmer’s Market Challenge – Rustic Bacon Mushroom Scalloped Red Potatoes & EatSmart Precision Pro Digital Kitchen Scale Product Review
- Pork, Smoked Gouda & Mushroom Meat Cupcake with Bacon Loaded Mashed Potato Frosting Recipe
- March: Green Challenge – Zucchini, Bacon & Blue Cheese Soup Recipe
- Baked Macaroni & Cheese with Bacon – Recipe