About a week ago I picked up a bunch of fresh mushrooms and didn't have any meals planned for the Blogger Recipe Challenge that incorporated them! Ooops! Once again I did some looking around my kitchen and found more chicken thighs, and garlic, and a box of pasta that the kiddos had opened and I just didn't have a chance to make. Perfect! I figured there was something I could make with all of that. Now, this dish doesn't look super pretty, but oh my gosh was it delicious. It has a very strong mushroom flavor, but it was a hit with the entire family (even those who don't like mushrooms). I could seriously eat it almost every day, and as soon as I'm done typing up this recipe I'm heading to the kitchen to warm up the leftovers. YUM
- 4 to 6 - Chicken Thighs (I prefer skin on and bone in)
- 1 Box - Spaghetti
- 8oz - White Mushrooms (Coarsely chopped)
- 10 to 15 Garlic Cloves (Whole)
- 3 TBSP - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 TBSP - Salted Butter
- 1 Cup - Chicken Broth
- 1/4 to 1/2 - Half & Half
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- In a large skillet add olive oil and melt butter.
- Once butter is melted add chicken thighs skin side down, and cook on medium-high for 5 minutes. The skin should start turning a golden brown. Cook a little longer if you prefer more golden color.
- Turn chicken thighs over and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from skillet, and add mushrooms and garlic cloves. Cook while stirring almost continuously until juices begin to release from the mushrooms and garlic starts to lightly brown. Do NOT let the garlic pop.
- Remove garlic and mushrooms from pan.
- Add in the chicken broth, and then the half and half. You could probably easily substitute heavy cream for half and half.
- Add chicken back to the skillet skin side down.
- Add mushrooms and garlic after the chicken.
- Cover, and allow to cook on medium-low for 45 minutes. I flipped my chicken over every 15 minutes to insure equal cooking on each side.
- While chicken is cooking, heat a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Begin to cook the noodles 15 minutes before chicken is set to finish cooking.
- June: Farmer’s Market Challenge – Grilled Hot Lime Chicken Thighs
- April: Canning Challenge – Cream of Portobello Mushroom Soup Base
- Pork, Smoked Gouda & Mushroom Meat Cupcake with Bacon Loaded Mashed Potato Frosting Recipe
- March: Green Challenge – Vegetable Rotini in Garlic Butter Sauce with Summer Squash
- Bourbon Chicken Recipe