This recipe wasn't planned for the Blogger Recipe Challenge, but I was really hungry today and had some shrimp and squash hanging around that needed to get used up. This is a VERY easy recipe. It is a little time consuming due the time it takes to roast the squash, but it's worth it. It's light, buttery, full of flavor, and hits the spot on a hot day like today. So without more chatting, here's my recipe for Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Roasted Garlic Curried Shrimp.
Ingredients (Approximately 1-2 servings):
- 1lb - Spaghetti Squash
- 1/3 lb - Medium Shrimp (Cleaned, Shelled and De-veined.)
- 1/3 Cup - Water
- 1 TBSP - Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP - Salted Butter
- 1 - Garlic Clove (Finely Chopped)
- Salt, Pepper, Curry to Taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice squash lengthwise, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place face down in a glass dish (I used an 8x8" for this size squash) with 1/3 cup of water.
- Roast until soft. Approximately 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In the meantime, combine olive oil, garlic, curry, and shrimp. Allow to marinate while squash is cooling.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast for 8 minutes, or until cooked all the way through.
- Remove seeds from squash halves and scrape out the flesh. Add 1 TBSP of salted butter.
- Mix in the shrimp, garlic, and cooking juices.
- Garnish with parsley.
- May: Meatless Challenge – Zucchini, Grape Tomato & Feta Pizza
- May: Meatless Challenge – Grilled Salmon & Asparagus with Curried Butternut Squash Sauce
- April: Canning Challenge – Roasted Butternut Squash Soup Recipe + Ozeri Serafino Artisan Series Double Wall Glasses Review
- March: Green Challenge – Vegetable Rotini in Garlic Butter Sauce with Summer Squash
- March Green Challenge – Eel & Avocado Inside Out Roll with Shrimp Tempura Recipe