Since fish is not counting as a meat this month for our Blogger Recipe Challenge I decided to send hubs to the store on his way home from work to grab some salmon steaks. I haven't had salmon in a couple of years and it was more than time. He also surprised me the other day by ordering asparagus. He doesn't even like asparagus, but he told me to do something with it. The wheels just started churning and I thought, hey, he likes to grill, we can grill salmon and asparagus! I needed a sauce for the dish, and tried a balsamic/honey/butter glaze thing that I found online. Decided not to use it. It was kind of gross. My husband though really thought the Butternut Squash Soup I made the other night would be better as a sauce. Luckily I had a bunch left over and even more luckily he was RIGHT. Oh my gosh the pairing of flavors was fantastic! So here's my recipe for Grilled Salmon and Asparagus with Curried Butternut Squash Sauce.
- 2 to 3 - Salmon Steaks
- 1lb - Asparagus
- Olive Oil (Or Butter)
- Cherry Tomatoes (Raw or Lightly Roasted)
- Curried Butternut Squash Sauce/Soup
- Cut the bottom ends off and coat asparagus in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill asparagus on aluminum foil over medium him approximately 9 minutes. (Turning occasionally.)
- Coat salmon with olive oil or melted butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill salmon on aluminum foil over medium heat 3-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Cut up 10-15 cherry tomatoes. You can leave them raw, or roast them lightly. (I left mine raw.)
- Plate, and serve with Curried Butternut Squash Sauce. You can find my recipe HERE.
- May: Meatless Month Challenge – Hickory Smoked Tuna Burgers + Starkist Review
- April: Canning Challenge – Roasted Butternut Squash Soup Recipe + Ozeri Serafino Artisan Series Double Wall Glasses Review
- March: Green Challenge – Crock Pot Guinness Pulled Pork
- March: Green Challenge – Vegetable Rotini in Garlic Butter Sauce with Summer Squash
- Danny Boy’s Hot Sauce – FREE Sample