It's a new month, which means it's time for a new challenge. My Blogger Recipe Challenge group and I are working 10 recipes each involving canning, or canned goods, or things you can make with or put into a can (mason jars count). It's a loose interpretation as usual, but hey, we have fun, and YOU get access to a whole slew of awesome recipes. You can check out our website HERE.
For my first recipe I decided to make Hummus Dip. The beans come in a can so OBVIOUSLY it counts. Right? I've been eying a version of this recipe on Lunch Box Bunch. The great thing about this recipe is that I only had to go out and purchase ONE ingredient. I happened to have everything else in the house. (Don't you just love those types of recipes??)
- 1 Can - Garbonzo Beans
- 1 Can - Cannellini Beans
- 1 TBSP - Lemon Juice
- 1-2 TBSP - Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Plus more for garnish.)
- 1 Tsp - Salt
- 1/2 Tsp - Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp - Black Pepper (Finely ground.)
- Paprika (or Cayenne) to Taste. (Plus more for garnish)
- Chives for Garnish
- Strain beans and thoroughly wash with warm water.
- Place beans, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, garlic powder, pepper, and paprika in food processor and blend until smooth. *If your mixture is thick you can add additional olive oil. If your mixture is STILL too thick, add in as much warm water as needed to reach your preferred consistency.
- Taste your hummus mixture to see if you need to add any additional spices.
- Garnish with EVOO, Paprika, and Chives.
- Serve with your favorite veggies, crackers, chips, etc.