If you're looking for the perfect brownie, these Baileys Irish Cream Brownies might just be it. They are chocolate-y, fudge-y, and cheesecake-y, slightly crunchy on the top, with just enough cake texture mixed in. They're beyond decadent. If you're just joining us for the March Recipe Challenge, the theme is "green". I'm taking it very liberally and doing anything that is considered "Irish" or has the word "Irish" in the recipe/ingredient. It's more fun that way! I found this recipe originally on the Irish Abroad website, and just HAD to make these to share with you all. Plus, I wasn't done with Baileys. *drool*
*Note: This recipe is easier to accomplish if you have a double boiler so you don't have to pay as close of attention to the chocolate while it's melting and you can work on the other parts simultaneously.
Baileys Cream Cheese Filling -
- 16oz (2 Blocks) - Cream Cheese
- 1/3 Cup - Sugar
- 1 - Egg
- 3 TBSP - Baileys Irish Cream (You could probably even add an extra or two if you want to punch up the flavor a bit.)
Brownie Batter -
- 1 Cup (2 Sticks) - Butter
- 4oz - Unsweetened Bakers Chocolate
- 2 Cups - Sugar
- 4 - Eggs
- 1.5 Cups - All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp - Salt
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line a 13x9 inch baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Lightly grease foil with cooking spray, vegetable oil, Crisco, butter... (really anything you use will work).
- In a medium saucepan (preferably a double boiler) combine butter and chocolate and melt over LOW to MEDIUM heat. Keep an eye on it, but if you're using a double boiler you won't have to stir it as often or worry about it burning.
- While butter and chocolate is melting, in a medium to large mixing bowl combine sugar and eggs. Beat until light and fluffy. (Should have little bubbles throughout the batter.) Takes about 2 minutes with a good hand mixer.
- In a separate bowl beat together cream cheese and sugar until smooth in texture.
- Add in the egg and Baileys and continue beating until fully combined.
- Sift together flour, and salt, and combine with sugar and egg mixture a little at a time.
- Once chocolate and butter is completely melted, fold chocolate mixture into the rest of the brownie mixture until combined.
- Pour approximately half of the chocolate brownie mixture into the 9x13 inch baking dish. Smooth it out so it covers the entire bottom.
- Add the Baileys cream cheese mixture on top of the brownie batter in the baking dish. Smooth out over the top with a spatula.
- Finally pour the rest of the brownie batter on top and smooth out in an even layer.
- If you want a more marbled look, take the bottom of a knife (I find even with a butter knife the top cuts into the foil) and gently swirl it around through all three layers.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick or fork comes out of the middle clean. Allow to cool before cutting.
- March: Green Challenge – Baileys Irish Cream Cheesecake
- March: Green Challenge – Sweet Tomato Basil & Spinach Soup Recipe
- March: Green Challenge – “Irish Car Bomb Cupcake” Recipe
- March Green Challenge – Eel & Avocado Inside Out Roll with Shrimp Tempura Recipe
- Simple Avocado Mayonnaise Recipe – March: Green Challenge