I love molasses cookies, but my family is more on the peanut butter side of the cookie war. This is the perfect blend of the two flavors and are now my easy go-to peanut butter molasses cookie recipe when everyone needs to satisfy their sweet tooth.
Ingredients (Makes approx. 40 cookies):
- 5 TBSP - Room Temperature Salted Butter
- 1/4 Cup - Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup - White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup - Honey
- 1/4 Cup - Unsulfured Molasses
- 1 tsp - Vanilla
- 1 and 2/3 Cups - All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp - Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp - Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp - Salt
- 1/4 tsp - Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp - Cinnamon
- Additional sugar in small bowl for rolling cookie balls in.
- Mix together peanut butter, butter, and white sugar in a bowl (I like to use a wooden spoon) until thoroughly blended together.
- Stir in molasses, honey, and vanilla until well combined.
- Measure and SIFT together dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients with peanut butter/molasses mixture.
- Note* I find the cookie dough is REALLY soft. If you prefer to work with chilled dough, just throw it in the fridge for 10 minutes or so.
- Preheat Oven to 375F.
- Roll into 1 inch balls.
- Roll cookie dough balls in the additional white sugar before placing on an AirBake cookie sheet, or a regular greased cookie sheet.
- Use a fork to slightly flatten and make a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet until cookies flatten. Transfer to cooling rack.
- 8 minutes = soft cookies with slight outside crunch
- 10 minutes = crunchy outsides and slightly soft middle
- 12 minutes = close to a ginger snap