I have been meaning to write up this recipe (well... multiple recipes) for awhile, but it continued to slip my mind until this morning. This recipe is for homemade garlic basil rolls, smoked Gouda and caramelized onion stuffed hamburger patties made with BBQ sauce and Monterrey jack cheese, with baked potato wedges on the side. Whew. That's one delicious mouthful!
Garlic Basil Hamburger Rolls
- 2 tsp - Yeast
- 2 TBSP - Sugar
- 4 TBSP - Butter
- 1 Cup - Milk
- 3 Cups - All Purpose Flour
- 1.25 tsp - Salt
- To Taste - Garlic Powder & Dried Basil
- 1 Egg
- 1 TBSP - Water
- Mix milk and butter together. Heat until the butter just begins to melt
- Place all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. (Make sure to SIFT the flour.)
- Stir to combine all of the ingredients, then kneed for 10-15 minutes. Dough should be elastic and smooth. Add additional water and flour as needed.
- Place dough in a lightly greased bowl. Make sure to cover all sides of the dough. Cover with a lightly greased piece of Seran Wrap. Dough needs to rise until it has doubled.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface and cut into 6 equal pieces. Roll into smooth balls and place into a lightly greased pan. Note: A Hamburger Pan is recommended but not necessary. They can be purchased on Amazon.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Flatten tops, cover again and let rise for approximately 1 hour.
- Mix egg and water and brush onto dough before baking at 375F for 15-20 minutes. (Should become golden brown.)
BBQ Monterrey Jack Hamburger Patties Stuffed with Caramelized Onions & Smoked Gouda
Ingredients (4 Servings):
- .5 Cup - Monterrey Jack Cheese (finely grated)
- .25 Cup - BBQ Sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)1-1.5lbs - Ground Beef
- 4oz - Smoked Gouda (finely grated)
- 2 - Large Yellow Onions (slice thinly)
- 3TBSP - Olive Oil
- You can add salt, pepper, and onion powder to taste
- Combine Monterrey Jack Cheese and BBQ Sauce with Ground Beef.
- Form 8 hamburger patties of equal size. Make sure they're substantial enough to hold up to being stuffed and grilled (or pan fried). Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Cook sliced onions in olive oil in a large pan with lid on low heat. Once softened remove the lid and continue to cook until golden brown and tender. Let cool.
- Top 4 patties with approximately 1oz finely grated smoked Gouda, and 2TBSP of caramelized onion.
- Place additional 4 patties on top and press together. Meat should not be combined.
- Grill in high. (3-4 minutes on each side for medium.)
Baked Potato Wedges
- 4 - Russet Potatoes (cleaned thoroughly)
- 3 TBSP - Olive Oil
- Sea Salt - To Taste
- Cut potatoes into 8 equal wedges
- Toss wedges with Olive Oil
- Add salt to preferred taste
- Place potato wedges on a foil lined baking sheet
- Bake at 425 for 35+ minutes - until browned and tender. (I like my edges super crunchy and baked mine about 45 minutes.)