Sometimes chicken wings are just not in the cards. There's a lot of effort that goes into prepping good buffalo chicken wings. This is much easier. MUCH easier. There are a few things you can add that I just didn't have on hand, or that my family asked me to omit. This includes a couple of stalks of celery, and blue cheese crumbles for garnish.
- 1 - Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 - Medium Yellow Onion (Chopped)
- 3 - Stalks of Celery (Optional)
- 1 - Carton of Chicken Broth + 2oz
- 1.5 Cups - Milk
- 8oz - Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/3 Cup - All Purpose Flour
- 2 TBSP - Butter
- 2 TBSP+ - Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 1 Cup - Sour Cream
- Paprika - To Taste
- Saute onion (and celery if you use it) in butter for approximately 6 minutes - or until soft. Halfway through add enough paprika to coat onions. Transfer into crock pot.
- Combine chicken, chicken broth, milk, and Franks Red Hot Sauce with onions (and celery). I left some of the rotisserie chicken out to use as garnish.
- In a separate bowl, add flour and mozzarella cheese. Coat thoroughly. Add to crock pot.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 hours then turn to WARM when you're getting ready to serve.
- Add sour cream - 1 cup more or less - approximately 1 hour before serving.
- (Optional) Serve with blue cheese crumbles, additional chicken, and more Franks Red Hot Sauce