A couple of weeks ago Flat Iron Experts sent a Hot Tools Marcel 1" Curling Iron to review. It was a great product, and I'm thrilled that I was asked to review another item they carry so soon. This week I received the Cortex Solo 450 Titanium 1" Zebra Flat Iron! To be completely honest, I always thought a flat iron is just a flat iron. It doesn't matter if it's $200 or $20. After testing out the Cortex Solo 450 Titanium Flat Iron I can tell you I was completely wrong in my assumptions. I'm beginning to think that what you pay for is what you truly get when it comes to hair styling tools and products.
I purchased a flat iron about 5 years ago from Walmart. I wanted something that would work, but also something that wasn't going to break the bank. I've used it maybe a handful of times because, to put it blatantly, it sucks. It pulls my hair, it takes forever to straighten even one tiny section, it's bulky, and not very comfortable to hold. When Flat Iron Experts asked if I'd like to try out a flat iron I was so darn tickled. FINALLY I could get rid of that piece of....
"Cortex Solo 450 Collection is new to the market and made for professionals in the beauty industry. You probably could have guessed this iron heats up to 450 degrees F, the hottest in the market. Adjustable heat and ergonomically designed this flat iron can be used on ultra thick frizzy hair or ultra thin hair. The results are amazing!" ~Flat Iron Experts
One of the many things I adore about Flat Iron Experts is that they carry professional quality products with a "lowest price guarantee". That means if you find the same item anywhere else online (excluding discount or sales prices) they'll match the price AND give you 5% off. The Cortex Solo 450 Titanium Zebra Flat Iron is listed on Flat Iron Experts for $269.99, however they have it on sale for only $129.99! They have this marked down by $140. That to me is just impressive when it comes to price. They also ship FREE to the USA and Canada with orders $50 or more.
Before using the Cortex Solo 450 Titanium Flat Iron, I read the features. Wouldn't you? I have to say the features made me really excited to try this product!
- Zebra Design Pattern
- 1" Titanium plates for healthier hair and a high gloss shine
- Professional Salon Model
- Adjustable temperature to 450°F for easy use
- Heats up in less than 6 seconds
- Straighten, flip or curl your hair
- The innovative PTC ceramic heater heats up in a flash, and stays at the temperature while styling
- Negative Ions promote smoother, silkier hair
- Far infrared technology distribute heat evenly, preventing damage
- Sleek, ergonomic, non-slip grip designed for professional comfort
- Variable temperature settings for all hair types
- Hooked end for salon professional storage and easy hanging
- Professional 360° swivel cord to prevent tangling
- Dual Voltage - 110 - 240, 50/60 Hz
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
I tried the Cortex Solo 450 Titanium Flat Iron on both semi-wet hair, and 100% dry hair. I used the KQC Thermal Shine spray both times, but the results were best with 100% dry hair. I'm actually not even sure it's meant to be used on wet hair? Below, my "before" picture was taken after blow-drying and putting it up in a messy bun (so I could put my makeup on). I generally have super straight hair as it is, but it tends to get some weird kinks and waves in it.
This product worked FLAWLESSLY! Within a matter of a few seconds it was 400 degrees F, and I could start using it immediately. There are two lights that let you know when it's heating up, and when it's ready. I loved the length of the flat iron in general since it was a tad longer than the one I have currently collecting dust. It made it super easy to reach the hair in the back. The handle is extremely comfortable too, and overall the product is light weight - at least compared to my other one.
The two things I loved the most about the Cortex Solo 450 Titanium Flat Iron is that, #1. It didn't pull my hair! No strands got caught anywhere in the product. And #2. It worked FAST. My hair was straight within a few minutes. I went over it a few more times to make sure everything was in order, but this was ridiculously quick. From the time I plugged it in and turned it on, to the time I was finished, it took maybe 5 to 10 minutes. My hair has this gorgeous shine after I use the Cortex Solo 450 Titanium Flat Iron, and it even feels healthy. My other flat iron seems to dry out my hair, and almost makes it feel a tad crispy.
Once again this is another fantastic product sold by Flat Iron Experts. Ever since finding out about this website, I've been telling everyone I know. Competitive prices, free shipping, and fabulous products - what's not to love? I'm not sure if there is another site out there that carries such an extensive selection of products and such great prices.
* I received this product free of charge from Flat Iron Experts in order to facilitate this review. All opinions are 100% mine. See Disclosure Policy.
- Corioliss Blue-Leopard Flat Iron Set – $49 SHIPPED
- Flat Iron Experts – Hot Tools Professional Marcel Curling Iron 1in Product Review
- Cortex 4-in-1 Ceramic Clipless Curling Iron Set – $59 + FREE Shipping
- Johnson Products – Ultra Sheen Supreme Flat Iron Spray FREE 2oz Sample
- FREE 2oz sample – Johnson Ultra Sheen Supreme Flat Iron Spray [EXPIRED]